Freedom is great. And it can be overwhelming.
When you're talking with prospective clients, you have incredible freedom in how you describe what you do. But with that freedom also comes the challenge to make sure you cover things in a way that will connect with your ideal client and give them confidence. And, if we may be so bold, quickly filter out the working relationships that might not be the best.
Let's be clear - we don't have it all figured out. But we're committed to working on this together.
Listen to hear us workshop our elevator pitches and service descriptions. And maybe even some input from the PEM community.
Listen to Discover
- Who was brave enough to join our live recording.
- Why Carrie (and others) think Bryan's "hook" isn't really the right one for him.
- Why have an elevator pitch that fits the mold might not be enough.
- Why it can be so tough to be clear and also differentiate yourself in the marketplace.
Links And Resources
- She Podcasts Live - Use the code ‘JOINME’ for $50 off your ticket price. (Thanks Carrie)
- The Voice Monkey | Mike Christensen is The Voice Monkey. . .and the top banana for your next script!
- Podcast Editors Club
- How to Talk About What You Do as a Podcast Editor - If you want more context for what we're talking about and a deeper understanding of why we're doing this episode, listen to episode 71.
Join Us Live!
This episode of the Podcast Editors Mastermind was edited by Alejandro Ramirez. You can find him on LinkedIn if you're interested in talking with him about editing your show.
Be a Guest
If you're a podcast editor, we'd love to see if you'd be a fit for a future episode. Fill out this form to let us know you're interested, and we'll contact you to see if it's a good fit.
Your Yetis Are
- Daniel Abendroth | Roth Media
- Carrie Caulfield Arick | YaYa Podcasting
- Bryan Entzminger | Top Tier Audio
- Jennifer Longworth | Bourbon Barrel Podcasting
About the Podcast Editors Mastermind
The Podcast Editors Mastermind is for professional podcast editors who want to grow their business and get more clients. We’re creating a community of like-minded professionals that are passionate about the art and science of editing podcasts.
Our goal is to help you build your business by providing tools, resources, and support so you can focus on what matters most—your craft. This isn’t just another group where everyone talks about how great they are at podcast editing; we show our work!
Follow or subscribe and take the Podcast Editors Mastermind with you today!
This podcast uses the following third-party services for analysis:
OP3 - https://op3.dev/privacy