The Podcast Editors Mastermind team (your favorite Yetis) looks back at their accomplishments in 2022 and sets goals for 2023, with a twist - they're joined by THEIR editor, Alejandro Ramirez.
"Doing what we love, I think. Yes, the obvious. We also so number one, started focusing on live experience over podcasting, started accepting sponsorships and promotions."
Alejandro Ramirez joined the Podcast Editors Mastermind show to take a look at the business side of podcast editing in 2022 and 2023. Jennifer Longworth, Bryan Entzminger, and Daniel Abendroth are the hosts of the show and have started focusing on the live experience and the community aspect of the show.
They have accepted sponsorships and promotions, brought on Alejandro to edit the show, and have a sample episode available for people to edit as a trial. Alejandro has learned to control the dynamics of the show, cut out tangents, and interact with chat. The hosts are very grateful for his work and it has made their lives much easier.
POD DECKS QUESTION
"If you had someone following you around all the time what would you have them do?"
Listen to Discover
- What the team accomplished in 2022 and their goals for 2023
- The importance of focusing on the live experience and building community
- Alejandro has learned being the editor of this crazy show
LINKS AND RESOURCES
- Reddit - Daniel mentioned Reddit as one of the places he hangs out online (sometimes).
- YouTube - Find the Podcast Editors Mastermind on YouTube.
- Telegram Messenger - Alejandro suggested that Telegram might be a good place to connect with people.
- Discord - Daniel likes Discord, but it does sometimes tend to be more of the techie and Twitch-streaming crowd.
- Slack - We've thought about starting a community on Slack.
- Mastodon - This is Bryan's profile on Mastodon. He's just trying it out, but so far he prefers it to the constant non-value-added notifications from some of the other social platforms.
ABOUT ALEJANDRO RAMIREZ
Alejandro Ramirez is a professional podcast editor and the editor for The Podcast Editors Mastermind. While this is his first time appearing on the show, he is a valued member of the team and has incredible insights.
Connect with Alejandro
Other episodes you'll enjoy:
Join Us Live!
This episode of the Podcast Editors Mastermind was edited by Alejandro Ramirez. You can find him on LinkedIn if you're interested in talking with him about editing your show.
Be a Guest
If you're a podcast editor, we'd love to see if you'd be a fit for a future episode. Fill out this form to let us know you're interested, and we'll contact you to see if it's a good fit.
Your Yetis Are
- Daniel Abendroth | Roth Media
- Carrie Caulfield Arick | YaYa Podcasting
- Bryan Entzminger | Top Tier Audio
- Jennifer Longworth | Bourbon Barrel Podcasting
About the Podcast Editors Mastermind
The Podcast Editors Mastermind is for professional podcast editors who want to grow their business and get more clients. We’re creating a community of like-minded professionals that are passionate about the art and science of editing podcasts.
Our goal is to help you build your business by providing tools, resources, and support so you can focus on what matters most—your craft. This isn’t just another group where everyone talks about how great they are at podcast editing; we show our work!
Follow or subscribe and take the Podcast Editors Mastermind with you today!