Running a podcast production business isn't always easy. It's not always fun. But sometimes it is and if we're intentional, we can continue to grow as individuals regardless of the circumstances.
Listen in as Bryan Entzminger, Jennifer Longworth, and Daniel Abendroth share candid insights into their professional and personal lives. While this might seem self-indulgent, the conversation is packed with raw and relatable conversations that touch on challenges in Daniel's relcation plans, Bryan's business model struggle, and some interesting things Jennifer has run into with clients in the past year.
Join us as we take a peek behind the scenes, share personal anecdotes, and discuss the future of the Podcast Editors Mastermind. Whether you're a seasoned editor or a podcast enthusiast, this episode offers a fascinating glimpse into the realities of the industry.
Listen to Discover
- Why Daniel hasn't been on the show very much for the past few months (and why that's changing now)
- One insightful way that Andrea is tracking her business growth this year - and why she's doing this way
- How changing life circumstances (and a new recording location) can create new possibilities
- How Daniel is able to collaborate with one of his clients (and why he might not be charging enough for this service)
- Why Bryan's business declined in 2023, and how his current situation creates tension in building it back up
Links And Resources
- PreSonus Eris E4.5-2-Way 4.5" Near Field Studio Monitor - The studio monitors that Daniel recently picked up.
- Descript | All-in-one video & podcast editing, easy as a doc. - Daniel is using Descript to collaborate with a client.
- Reaper for Podcasting - Daniel is planning to get back to creating tutorials and resources for those using Reaper for podcasting.
- Top Tier Audio - YouTube - This is where Bryan has published Hindenburg tutorials, though he hasn't published anything new in a year or so.
- Hindenburg - This is still the software Bryan uses most.
- Tansy Aster Academy | Courses, Coaching, & Community for Podcast Editors & Managers - At one point Bryan referenced Jesse McCune. You can find his online community here.
- Audio-Technica ATH-M50xSTS-USB StreamSet Headset ATH-M50XSTS-USB - The headset that Daniel gives better quality than many headset mics, though he still recommends a proper microphone setup if possible.
- Parrot Pro Teleprompter Kit – Padcaster - This is the teleprompter that Bryan was talking about. It requires a mobile phone to function as the screen, but works well with his webcam.
- Rode RCP2 RODECaster Pro II Integrated Audio Production Studio RCP2 - Bryan had a problem with the power switch on his Rodecaster Pro 2, so he now has a new one courtesy of Rode's Support team. Sadly, he had to send the old one back to get the new one :(
- Blackmagic Design DaVinci Resolve Speed Editor - Bryan mentioned this as a new gear purchase. At the time of this writing, it comes with a license for Davinci Resolve Studio.
- Thinkmap Visual Thesaurus - An online thesaurus and dictionary - Mike suggested Visual Thesaurus as a possible alternative to a paper dictionary. It's a great tool and fun to use.
- Extreme Ownership: Jocko Willink & Leif Babin - Mike Suggested everyone should have a copy of Extreme Ownership on their bookshelves.
- Deziliao Lined Journal Notebooks with Pen Loop - Andrea suggested everyone should have a journal to write in.
- Merriam-Webster's Collegiate Dictionary - Bryan suggested that everyone should have a dictionary on their bookshelves. However, he also acknowledged that most of us already carry one around on our phones or can use a web browser to access the information they need.
- Profit First: Transform Your Business from a Cash-Eating Monster to a Money-Making Machine: 9780735214149: Michalowicz, Mike: Books - Daniel suggested that everyone should have a copy of Profit First on their bookshelves.
- 1984: George Orwell - Jennifer suggested that everyone should have a copy of 1984 on their bookshelves.
Join Us Live!
Follow the Show With a Modern Podcast App!
- Anytime Player
- Pocket Casts
- Podcast Addict
- Podcast Guru
This episode of the Podcast Editors Mastermind was edited by Alejandro Ramirez. You can find him on LinkedIn if you're interested in talking with him about editing your show.
Be a Guest
If you're a podcast editor, we'd love to see if you'd be a fit for a future episode. Fill out this form to let us know you're interested, and we'll contact you to see if it's a good fit.
Your Yetis Are
- Daniel Abendroth | Roth Media
- Carrie Caulfield | Carrie.Land
- Bryan Entzminger | Top Tier Audio
- Jennifer Longworth | Bourbon Barrel Podcasting
About the Podcast Editors Mastermind
The Podcast Editors Mastermind is for professional podcast editors who want to grow their business and get more clients. We’re creating a community of like-minded professionals that are passionate about the art and science of editing podcasts.
Our goal is to help you build your business by providing tools, resources, and support so you can focus on what matters most—your craft. This isn’t just another group where everyone talks about how great they are at podcast editing; we show our work!
Follow or subscribe and take the Podcast Editors Mastermind with you today!
This podcast uses the following third-party services for analysis:
OP3 - https://op3.dev/privacy